Today lets talk about how to connect WSO2 Identity Server to a JDBC user store to be used as a secondary user store.
Environment is :
WSO2 IS 4.5.0
You need to have MySQL server installed. Download WSO2 Identity Server from here and MySql jdbc driver from here. Extract the IS server into a local folder and extract jdbc driver .zip as well.
1) First type the following command for root user access.
mysql -u root -p
Note:- You have to have your domain registered in the hosts file. In this scenario we are using localhost.
2) Then you can create a user for your new database.
CREATE USER umesha@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'umesha';
3) Then create a new database
create database userStoreTest;
4) Then grant all access to the new user for that database
grant all on userStoreTest.* TO umesha@localhost identified by "umesha";
5) Exit from root user
6) Go to [IS HOME] /wso2is-4.5.0/dbscripts$ and start MySql with newly created user
mysql -u umesha -p and enter the password
7) Use the newly created database
8) Run the mysql database script provided by the WSO2 IS 4.5.0 to created the necessary tables for the storage of IS user information
9) Copy the jdbc driver .jar to <IS HOME>/repository/components/lib
10) Start the Identity Server with sh wso2server.sh and login to the management console by admin and admin as username and password respectively
11) Go to Configure/ User Store Management/ Add Secondary User Store
12) Fill as follows:
1. give a domain name
2. driverName : com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
3. give the database url, username and password
(please click on the image to maximize ;) )
Click on add and the userstore will be saved. You can create users and roles for the IS using this secondary user store.